If folks want an improved interface that does not sacrifice e-mail access,
but makes web participation more viable I'd be glad to host the DDN list on
http://groups.dowire.org

We'd still need a forum manager - I'd set the group to unmoderated (only
members can post), moderate new members, and use our unique volume control
setting to limit people to making 3 posts a day each (we normally use 2
which really diversifies participation on active forums). This is a much
less taxing facilitation model.

The nice thing about the GroupServer platform that I use (also at
http://forums.e-democracy.org) is that it is GPL open source, evolving
feature wise (for example it automatically resizes photos sent in via e-mail
and only puts them on the web), and web feeds are native.

I've recently figured out a way to take the feed and integrate the listing
of my posts in the feed output on Facebook - more:
http://blog.e-democracy.org/posts/179

Cheers,
Steven Clift
E-Democracy.Org