haven't participated in this group for some time ... but have an alternative
suggestion.  a previous email suggested incorporating the group into
something larger .... I've been working as a volunteer editor at
WiserEarth<http://www.wiserearth.org>,
an online database and community funded by Paul Hawken (Blessed Unrest)

serves the people who are transforming the world. It is a community
directory and networking forum that maps and connects non-governmental
organizations (NGOs), businesses, governments, and individuals addressing
the central issues of our day: climate change, poverty, the environment,
peace, water, hunger, social justice, conservation,

110,422 Organizations <http://www.wiserearth.org/organization/>
19,979 People <http://www.wiserearth.org/user/active>
1,012 Groups <http://www.wiserearth.org/group/action/browse>
4,933 Resources <http://www.wiserearth.org/resource/>

The website, which is primarily run by volunteers, has struggled for some
time to develop cohesion but over the past few months has really picked up
the pace and is now beginning to tackle an interface which was daunting ...

We have now widdled down the Areas of Focus into about 10 and editors are
being selected to oversee and manage content in each assigned AofF.

The reason I suggest this for DDN is that one area ICT Afficianados
/group/ICT <http://www.wiserearth.org/group/ICT> has already been somewhat
built out .... DDN could not only use this page as a homebase to carry on
discusions but also to highlight organizations, connect with other
organizations, and, with the expertise behind you, provide content to
further develop the AofF.....

Just an idea.... as I said I've been 'lingering' and checking back in to WE
for over a year now and in the past month have been very excited about the
directed movement and growing participation here.

Members of DDN could receive updates everytime something new is added to
this listing by adding it to a 'watchlist' ...

Deborah
On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Andy Carvin <andycar...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> The problem is that there isn't an official moderator at the moment.
> Technically I'm not supposed to be moderating the list anymore because I
> work for NPR News and I can't be involved directly in policy discussions,
> but the moderating from TakingITGlobal sometimes runs behind. I would
> suggest that DDN members try to find three or four people who could share
> the moderating duties, and I'm sure the TIG folks would be happy to get them
> set up. Either way, I really shouldn't be doing it as long as I work for
> NPR.
>

> ac

> Andy Carvin
> andycarvin at yahoo  com
> www.andycarvin.com
> www.pbs.org/learningnow

"Imagine better than the best you know." Neville Goddard.
"...experience is like tail-lights on a boat which illuminate where we have
been when we should be focusing on where we should be going." John
Fitzgerald Kennedy, 1959.