[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>In a message dated 1/26/05 11:27:33 AM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL
>PROTECTED]
>writes:
>

>>The recent conversation about RSS and the subsequent questions about "What
>>exactly is RSS?" got me thinking that we need to have a repository on the
>>DDN website of commonly used jargon and their definitions
>>

>Perhaps it could be more valuable if you could add examples and
>illustrations.
>
>Don Samuelson

Actually, the only possible way to add examples and illustrations would
be to get people using it. It's really simple. Get a feedreader, such as
Feedreader: http://www.feedreader.com/
Copy a link of an XML/RSS feed into the feedreader, following the
instructions.

The problem here is the problem with a lot of technology. It requires a
small investment of effort on the part of the user. We could write broad
academic papers on this, and do exactly what you suggest, but in the end
people will still have to do exactly what is above - a small investment
of effort.

We could invest a lot of effort into writing examples and illustrations
and hope people try it. Or people could just try it. Personally, I think
that it would be more efficient if people just tried it. Once you do,
it's amazingly simple. :-)

--
Taran Rampersad

[EMAIL PROTECTED]