From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Andy Carvin
Sent: Fri 2/25/2005 4:26 AM
To: The Digital Divide Network discussion group
Subject: Re: [DDN] 'Digital Divide' Narrowing Fast, World Bank Says

ac: Amazingly, no one here at the Prepcom seems to be aware of the report.
I mentioned it during the morning civil society plenary, and the reaction
was a lot of very confused, very angry faces. There's a new UNCTAD report
circulating here that says that the digital divide is being bridged
"slowly," which is quite different from the wham-bam, just-add-water
solution that seems to be suggested by the Reuters article.

ac

andy carvin
acarvin at edc -dot- org