True that the telephone is accessible, but at least in the US, phoning many
government services gets one into a tree (thicket) of recorded menus and canned
answers. Sometimes useful but a simple question can take an age to find the
answer to, and anything more complex becomes an exercise in frustration.

Information is part of the goal, but presentation of it in a user friendly way
is key, and often that means what in cyberspeak is sometimes termed speaking to
a "live person." (Don't want to think of the alternative.)