[Please distribute widely...]

"Unearthing the Mysteries of Online Scam" -- LDV, July 23 @ 1:00pm
www.cybercrime.org.ng

Nigerian Anti-Scam Network is a movement that is composed of patriotic
Nigerians who are concerned
about ending the bad image that cybercrime and spam has brought to our nation.
We are not an NGO
and we have no list of members. We are an online youth network -- of young
professionals who are
concerened and are willing to create change.

This is a movement of those who want to do the little that they can to rid
society of one of its
ills, nothing more. We send our ideas to one of our member sites and reveal
information on the
evils being perpetrated in our society. We have no mandate to arrest or
prosecute anyone; we aim
basically to expose the supporters and perpetrators of these crimes on our
online messageboards so
that people who are desirous of information can have a place where they can do
a spot-check and
thus avoid being spammed. Many foreigners have anti-scam sites that are little
more than
anti-Nigeria sites. We are Nigerians and as such we believe that we can give a
more balanced
opinion.

Throughout the world, Cybercrime is a very serious topic and a very contentious
one at that. A lot
of countries are losing a lot of money due to the activities of cyber 419s.
Nigeria have been
touted as the major breeding ground for most of these online scams. Nigeria's
ranking in the
corruption index have been very discouraging for the past three years and we
know that this is not
only as a result of Government officials' corruptness, but also as a result of
activities of online
scammers.

To be better prepared to fight these menace and bring back our lost reputation,
some young Nigerian
professionals started the Nigerian Anti-Scam network and have been doing
extensive research on the
activities of these scammers and ways of salvaging the country's image. We
invite you to come and
share part of our experience as we discuss cybercrime and its effect on our
socio-economic life.
Please visit our webiste - www.cybercrime.org.ng and our online forum -
www.cybercrime.org.ng/forum
for more information.

The Nigerian Anti-Scam Network wishes to invite you to a seminar, as follows:

Theme: "UNEARTHING THE MYSTERIES OF ONLINE SCAM"