Man-oh-man....!
:(
You are right on target with this comment....!

My partner and I have seen a number of examples of corporate thinking, beguiled
by advertising, (or worse, kickbacks), where executives (who never use the
technology) have made decisions on behalf of the network techs (who actually
use the technology) on hardware/software decisions, without even consulting
them...!

This results in wasting huge chunks of other people's money and creating
headaches, problems, and extra (often redundant) labor for the techs who would
have never wanted the decision made for them anyway...  and having this new
widget shoved down their throats against their will...!
:(

The money would have been better spent actually addressing people's needs....
:S
(*sigh*)

Sorry....
Had to comment on that one...!
NE...

Nicole English
Interdisciplinary PhD Program, Sociology/Psychology
Instructor, Program for Adult College Education (PACE)
University of Missouri--Kansas City (UMKC)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]