Dear all,

I agree that technology is required to develop society. But is is for a
society that is already to developed to some extent. What about a society
that has not developed at all? What would technology do there.

So one size fits all policy is not good anywhere. Best is to have an
equitable development policy and try to bring-up the most underdeveloped one
step above and the under developed one step above and the develped one step
above, each thro' their own requisite inputs.

If there is no transparency and accountability in whatever is done, only the
hype will be seen, and the benefits would get dissipated. What we need to
see is all round development. How do we make the illiterate citizens
(parents and the child) into literate citizens for the overall benefit of
mankind is the question?

We should be realistic in estimating the funds required to achive 100%
literacy and the time frame, before we can say we have achieved anything.

But for all technology to have any impact, drinking water, food, clothing,
shelter, sanitation, health, education, etc. is of primary importance.

No one would listen to a semon on empty stomach is the old saying.

Kris Dev.