On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 09:00:21 -0500, Johannes Pfau <s...@example.com> wrote:

Walter Bright wrote:
David Wang wrote:
Dear Walter,

I went to the github and try to download the source, I found that
the latest version on github is the old version.

for example:

druntime - Downloads: dmd-2.042
Phobos -   Downloads: phobos-2.046
DMD -      Downloads: dmd-2.046

I think the actural latest version of D should be 2.051.

Why github can not showing the 2.051 version(dmd, phobos,
druntime, and so on.) ?

I think it is because the tags were never done properly on svn, either.

It's still possible to add the tags (see
http://progit.org/book/ch2-6.html "Tagging Later") but we'd have to
know the commits used for the releases. I guess there's
no easy way to figure out which commits were used for the releases?

All source is included in the compiler. It's simply a matter of doing a directory compare of the code against source control. The date released should narrow it down to a manageable level.

I have done it in the past (http://www.dsource.org/projects/druntime/changeset/272) In fact, it looks like I was the last one to tag druntime :)

Some script-fu could probably fill in all the holes automatically...

-Steve