On Wednesday, 30 January 2013 at 09:42:01 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 January 2013 at 05:29:14 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
And this results in people writing code that ...? Is there an example where you can break code in another module by changing something marked as private?

Examples separated:
http://forum.dlang.org/post/irrbdrxordjawkryv...@forum.dlang.org

I understand the risk of breakage. But . . .

Is this code supposed to work in the first place ? I mean, the private function is not marked export, the language make no guarantee it will be accessible from C.

Additionally, does it make sense to prevent D from calling some piece of code, but still allow some external C code to do it ?

I think it is invalid code in the first place, and just happen to work right now.

case 2 is more tricky, but export isn't involved here.