On 7/29/2013 4:45 AM, Leandro Motta Barros wrote:
Well, I kinda have the same feeling when using it. For my ~10kloc
project, I still haven't felt a real need to use a real build system.
I just dmd *.d. If any measurable time passes without any error
message appearing in the console, I know that my compiled successfully
(and it is the linker that is running now).

That goes back to the interesting effect that every order of magnitude improvement in compile speed has a transformative effect on development procedure.

(For example, if it took overnight to compile, Brad Roberts' autotester would be nigh unusable in its existing form.)