On Monday, 14 October 2013 at 10:00:01 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Benjamin Thaut <c...@benjamin-thaut.de>wrote:

My bad. German dates... We write the the day first then the month and then
the year.

Americans seem to read dates as "October 14th, 2013" which is way they
write numeric dates in such an odd way :D.

Since I realized that is the reason for it I've been much better at
noticing the location of a person who wrote a date down.

I've chosen to try writing dates using the ISO

2013-10-14

Always causes confusion, thus leading people to actually figure out the numbers. :) Of course programmers don't have an issue with it. Sadly, it can't be shortened:

13-10-14 or 10-14

I'm also ok with 2013/10/14 even though ISO isn't.