On 10/16/13 5:38 AM, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
On 08/10/2013 14:18, Alexander Bothe wrote:
Are there any plans/tricks/hacks on how to get programs built
with dmd debuggable with gdb? Then we also could release the
addin for Windows as well!
(Afaik I asked the same question some time ago, but well, perhaps
something did change over the time :-))

I was wondering the same as well... But from the lack of answers I think
not much can be done? :/

What are the matters involved? I did get basic debugging sessions
working, but I forgot whether it was dmd or gdc.

Andrei

If that was under Windows, it must have been GDC then. The debug format that DMD emits on Windows (OMF for x32 and COFF for x64, if I'm correct) is not understood by GDB, which I guess only understands DWARF.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer