On Friday, 22 November 2013 at 12:45:19 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-11-22 06:30, Paulo Pinto wrote:
 that Google leaves to the developers the effort of
creating the JNI wrappers themselves, instead of providing a nice C++
API for them.

I guess they want their developers to use Java. Otherwise they would have made C++ a first class citizens and not force C++ to go through Java.

Certainly, that is also one of the reasons why they have come up with Renderscript and are now moving to native compiled Java post KitKat.

I don't have any issue with Java and do like the language, but it has lost its place if you care about portable code across mobile platforms.

Hence why I am using C++, as it is the only common language across all SDKs thus requiring minimal setup to get going.

--
Paulo