On Monday, 13 January 2014 at 11:49:57 UTC, evilrat wrote:
On Monday, 13 January 2014 at 11:03:45 UTC, Alexander Bothe wrote:
On Monday, 13 January 2014 at 05:25:31 UTC, evilrat wrote:
after about half year i tried it again on OS X, and Mono-D is
quite good for  writing the code, but... the debug!!11

can we haz some GDB or LLDB(or both :)) support please? it
shouldn't be that hard porting linux code to OS X. it may already
doing something useful but it simply doesn't start...

I've got no OSX but erm, what tool is required to have lldb information generated? ldc2? On the other side, which tool is then required to get gdb debug info?

i don't know about other tools, so basically i just build with "dmd files.d -gc" and debug using console lldb, of course it was mangled but it is better than nothing.

Fortunately I implemented demangling already, so that's not a real problem.

So according to Jacob's comment it's actually possible to get gdb on OSX - but probably just with a wrong build configuration, i.e. the mi2 interface for gdb is not available - or is it? Just try executing gdb --interpreter=mi2 to see whether Mono-D is able to handle its output properly.