On Wednesday, 29 January 2014 at 14:09:20 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
On Wednesday, 29 January 2014 at 04:24:36 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
I've created bindings for the C Shapefile Library.  Shapefiles
are a format used commonly in vector based Geographic Information
Systems, often for data interchange. It is a pretty simple
library and it is my first effort at creating such bindings.

https://github.com/craig-dillabaugh/shplib.d

I've looked in Demios and code.dlang.org to see what the standard
setup for such bindings is, and while most are similar there
doesn't seem to be an accepted layout. If anyone has a moment to
spare I would be happy if someone could have a look to see if
there are any obvious improvements that should be made.

I plan to run a few more tests on my bindings, and once those all
work, I hope to add this to code.dlang.org.

This is how i'm doing it:

https://github.com/nomad-software/tcltk

This is a binding for Tcl/Tk libs. I've included windows dll import libraries in various formats (for different environments and compilers) to make the build process easier. I've also kept the c headers in the source folder but excluded them in the package.json file (just in case). I've added one version (the same as the c sources) for when the bindings supported an older version but the latest version is in master.

Thanks. I've had a few requests to generate .lib files so I will see about that. I don't do very much development on Windows, but this should be good practice for me.