On 2/14/14, 22:44, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Saturday, 15 February 2014 at 04:34:30 UTC, 1100110 wrote:
Is it just ModuleInfo, or...?

Yeah, that's pretty much all it actually does, and it isn't quite
complete - array bounds checking for example won't work because they
depend on module info.

But I don't think they should depend on it anyway, regardless of
compiler switches.

I thought that was for the stdlib, not the runtime?

They're the same thing when they are build - druntime and phobos are
compiled together into phobos.lib. So turning them off means it won't
link it.
Damn. I *knew* that. I remember reading about it when linux was getting shared lib support.

Then if you provide an object.d in your local directory, it won't even
try to load any of the regular druntime. This is how I did it in my
minimal.zip.

Oh good. Then what I actually want is for -betterC to be cleaned up and renamed (and Documented!), add compiler flags for no exceptions, no Object, and a way to turn the silent and link failures into compiler errors.

1) array concats. use the module memory.d instead (link failure)
2) module constructors and destructors (silent failure)
3) looping ModuleInfo without libc or bare metal (silent failure)
4) TLS variables. always use __gshared (runtime crash)
5) threads.
6) unittests (silent failure)