On Tuesday, 4 March 2014 at 18:56:50 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
It's a much harder problem than one might anticipate.

Indeed, I started it last night figuring I could slap something together in 30 minutes to do the job... now I've spent over three hours on it and it still isn't quite right. It almost works (including in CTFE) but rounds some numbers incorrectly (very large and very small especially).

The guys on IRC said to look up the Burger algorithm and do it right, but I kinda wanna just finish it all by myself then maybe take a look at the prior art to see how wrong I was :)