On 3/4/14, 2:35 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
On 3/4/2014 12:46 PM, Max Klyga wrote:
On 2014-03-04 19:14:13 +0000, Vladimir Panteleev said:

On Tuesday, 4 March 2014 at 18:58:43 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
The Net is definitely in a bad mood today. My reddit submission
shows "1
comment" but there's no comment to see. It also appear in "new"
submissions
but not in "hot" submissions.

I don't see it in http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/new/ .

Probably was filtered by some algorithm. Contact moderators.

yah, looks like that happened.

Messaged a moderator. The post has been approved. However the timing is crappy so essentially the opportunity for a broad reach has been wasted.

BTW this is not something that only I can do. Anyone can politely message the moderators and ask what happened. Had that happened earlier (I've had a million meetings today), the impact of the post might have been much higher.

Let me reiterate: there's a lot of good talk about helping D out. Concurrently there are many simple, absolutely trivial tasks that are very easy for anyone to do but add to a lot of overhead if they all fall on the same person. Case in point, I asked for the photos of the keynote speakers on the homepage. This is a good idea because e.g. Scott's mugshot is instant credibility and a good selling points. Nobody found it worth their while to do that, so I ended up doing it myself, too. It would be awesome if there was more attention (thanks eco for the dconf.org pull request!) paid to all things that we can crowdsource.

Thanks,

Andrei