On Tuesday, 1 April 2014 at 19:03:10 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
On Saturday, 29 March 2014 at 13:25:19 UTC, Théo Bueno wrote:
On Friday, 28 March 2014 at 22:50:32 UTC, Théo Bueno wrote:
I am having an issue with the windows installer :

Ok, so after investigations I partially fixed my problem :

- I have no idea why the installer tried to download with the wrong URL, this should not happen, and on my own compiled version of the installer this did not happen.

- The plugin used by NSIS to download files, inetc, depends on WinetAPI, which means that if your Internet Explorer installation is not working ( that was my case ), the installer can't work.

- The installer code is very old, and we should think about updating it ( replace the obsolete "nsisunz" plugin by "ZipDLL", avoid "inetc" problems using builtin "NSISdl" ... )

The current plan (by me at least) is to just do away with the downloading entirely and just embedding the files in the installer.

Would be the best indeed. An online installer is not useful in our case as all the installers and packages are automagically built.