On Saturday, 29 March 2014 at 13:25:19 UTC, Théo Bueno wrote:
On Friday, 28 March 2014 at 22:50:32 UTC, Théo Bueno wrote:
I am having an issue with the windows installer :

Ok, so after investigations I partially fixed my problem :

- I have no idea why the installer tried to download with the wrong URL, this should not happen, and on my own compiled version of the installer this did not happen.

- The plugin used by NSIS to download files, inetc, depends on WinetAPI, which means that if your Internet Explorer installation is not working ( that was my case ), the installer can't work.

- The installer code is very old, and we should think about updating it ( replace the obsolete "nsisunz" plugin by "ZipDLL", avoid "inetc" problems using builtin "NSISdl" ... )

The current plan (by me at least) is to just do away with the downloading entirely and just embedding the files in the installer.