Am 07.04.2014 12:07, schrieb Regan Heath:
On Mon, 07 Apr 2014 00:17:45 +0100, Andrei Alexandrescu
<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

On 4/6/14, 10:52 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
On 4/6/2014 3:31 AM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
What I mean is the current semantics of enum are as they are for
historical reasons, not because they make (more) sense (than other
possibilities). You showed a lot of examples that makes sense only
because you are used to the current semantics, not because they are the
only option or the option that makes the most sense.

I use enums a lot in D. I find they work very satisfactorily. The way
they work was deliberately designed, not a historical accident.

Sorry, I think they ought to have been better. -- Andrei

Got a DIP/spec/design to share?

How they work in languages like Ada.

--
Paulo