You may be on to something here.

On Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 22:27:53 UTC, John Carter wrote:
I was contemplating why languages explode on to the scene or not, and often
it comes down to a so called "Killer App".

For Ruby, it was Rails.

The ability to construct optimally fast typesafe tuples in D perfectly matches the requirements of database management to a degree unmatched by
any other language.

I have long thought D, strangely enough, may be the perfect language in
which to implement... D :-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D_%28data_language_specification%29