On Friday, 25 April 2014 at 19:51:22 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
I know we don't place much value in TIOBE and it's brethren. However, I thought that this was a milestone worthy of a note anyways.

http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

It's interesting that C++ has been declining for the last decade and especially the last year, with C and Objective-C taking its place at the top for compiled languages. Mobile has driven Objective-C use and will drive the next big language, a good opportunity for D given its efficiency and relative ease of use.