On Saturday, 26 April 2014 at 23:10:22 UTC, Ben Boeckel via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
Wow, TIOBE looks even more useless than the last time looked at it (years ago). Is TSQL really "more popular" than Perl? I wonder how much "oh dear, I need help with this" is conflating these ratings. I mean, PostScript is #25 and while it *is* Turing complete, I don't think too
many (well-intentioned) projects are targeting printers as their
platform (at least via the paper tray). Almost certainly not more than
all of Scala, Go, and Haskell.

Don't forget that it does not only consider new code but overall picture. And amount of legacy code in weird languages is still huge.