On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 02:47:38 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

I checked out y4m-d when it went up on the dub repository. Looks interesting. I do have to ask, are you interested in creating a unified library for multimedia with a importers/exporters a bit like ASIMPP? Because I think that could be rather useful and not too much work on top of the given types already had.

Not really especially for video.

Muxed video requires superior abstractions that I won't get right. Real streams may contains dynamic "type-change" and time flows continuously. So the generic "streal" abstraction when opening multimedia will be much more involved than in y4m, and this hard work has already been done in ffmpeg/libav.