On Tuesday, 3 June 2014 at 20:54:30 UTC, Jonathan Crapuchettes wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 18:43:52 +0200, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

https://news.ycombinator.com/newest

http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/277k5c/
dconf_2014_day_1_talk_2_templates_in_the_wild_a/

Andrei

Here is a link to the slides from the presentation.

http://slides.com/jonathancrapuchettes/dconf

Jonathan

I found this talk particularly interesting on a personal level. I worked with OLAP data for a year and it was all Java and JavaScript programming. I had been thinking about how you could improve on either with compile time features in D for massive improvements in speed. This is a market where customers care about speed, and beating your competitors can be worth millions. It's nice to see that someone has done some work in this area.