On 6/10/2014 12:35 PM, justme wrote:
On Wednesday, 4 June 2014 at 06:13:39 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Of possible interest.
http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/278twt/panel_systems_programming_in_2014_and_beyond/

Andrei

IMHO, the coolest thing was when Rob Pike told about the tool they made
for automatically upgrading user source code to their next language
version.

That should be quite easy to implement now in D, and once done, would
give much needed room for breaking changes we feel should be done. Pike
seemed to be extremely satisfied they did it.

Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable trusting such a tool. Besides, I find that upgrading a codebase to a newer language version is one of the most trivial tasks I ever face in software development - even in D.

It's a cute trick, but not a worthwhile use of development resources.