On Saturday, 14 June 2014 at 06:07:08 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
I doubt it. First, it's the backend that's not technically OSI, frontend was (apparently) GPL. Second, I can't imagine any Linux distro rejecting GPL - they'd have to boot the kernel and core utils, too.

Actually, the frontend was dual-licensed under the Artistic license and the GPL and dmd binaries were provided under the former, as the GPL doesn't allow linking against a non-GPL backend. The GPL alternative was likely for gdc to link the frontend against the GPL'd gcc backend.