On 6/14/2014 3:58 AM, Joakim wrote:
On Saturday, 14 June 2014 at 06:07:08 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
I doubt it. First, it's the backend that's not technically OSI,
frontend was (apparently) GPL. Second, I can't imagine any Linux
distro rejecting GPL - they'd have to boot the kernel and core utils,
too.

Actually, the frontend was dual-licensed under the Artistic license and
the GPL and dmd binaries were provided under the former, as the GPL
doesn't allow linking against a non-GPL backend.  The GPL alternative
was likely for gdc to link the frontend against the GPL'd gcc backend.

Well, GPL and Artistic are both OSI anyway.