On Friday, 20 June 2014 at 18:04:20 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
While it's been awhile since I've used visual GUI designers much, I seem to remember them (at least the better ones anyway) being perfectly capable of doing resizable layouts. Any limitations seemed to have more to do with the widgets and GUI libs themselves rather than any inherent drawback to GUI designers in general. I seem to recall doing some resizable layouts even as far back as VB3.

Anchors work, because they are simple and pixel-oriented. GTK boxes have too many settings to put them into a visual designer. Specialized non-pixel-oriented layouts do work with visual designers as they don't require configuration.