Hello everyone.
As you all may know I've been working on recompiling D for web services last few weeks.
Its both good news and bad news.

Good:
Reloading definitely possible. With dependency handling using dub.

Bad:
Its slow. And not in my code sort of way.

You're welcome to atest my speeds that I have gotten so far (older well used hdd, Win7 x64), its around 2-3 seconds for a basic go download webpage and not much more.

I've done a bit of working with it and with 2.066-rc2 got it to the lower end of 2s.

Atleast from my experience with this, its dmd thats actually taking the time.

I know my code isn't the best and optimized, so I have compared mine against dmd itself. 100-200ms difference normally.

For those who don't know why I'm making a fuss over 2 seconds, its because you actually do notice this when doing web dev stuff. Without including start up time, this could become a lot larger.

[0] https://github.com/rikkimax/livereload

Reply via email to