23-Aug-2014 13:33, Kagamin пишет:
On Saturday, 23 August 2014 at 09:14:13 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
Yes, that was my initial pull. The stuff inside was marked as
`package`, as only package.d currently has the same public API.

Then Dicebot suggested that since all modules are for the moment
internal they have to be moved somewhere until public API is fleshed
out (as it may change module name etc.).

2 options that both do NOT currently work:
std.regex.internal
std.internal.regex

If the user relies that a symbol is found in
std.internal.regex.backtracking, moving it will break the code too. So
what's the difference?

I don't see the difference. In any case user should see public aliases and never know where they lead to. Dicebot - any objections?

However since my pull hang there for months, I decide to appease puristic requests and move things to internals, only to find out that it doesn't work.

For what its worth I'd _prefer_ std.regex.internal as in my opinion internals got to be well contained. But as discussed, `package` doesn't work this way.

--
Dmitry Olshansky