On Wednesday, 20 August 2014 at 14:44:21 UTC, Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:

Do we need a hierarchy of internals, is the problem this big? Why
mybiglib.wisdom is not good?

It gets really unwieldy when you want to put a whole bunch of things into one project and give control of different packages to different teams. Yes you could use multiple libraries in a lot of cases but if you're wanting it in a single setup / package (like phobos), especially one that is internal
to another package you need sub-packages.

Yes, public interfaces of packages can form a hierarchy (which still shouldn't be more complex than necessary), but internals?

Examples that would use this are:
- kitchen sink libraries like phobos

I proposed an example of datetime module, that I don't see a problem with internals there. Can you point to an exact line in source, which suffers from this?