On Wednesday, 27 August 2014 at 00:32:20 UTC, Mike wrote:

I'm asking this community to consider setting a new precedent for druntime: reduce the scope to just the language implementation, encapsulate and isolate the platform specific logic (e.g. the ports - see 11666), and deport the artificial dependencies to phobos or other libraries.

Please understand that I'm not suggesting we start refactoring druntime for 2.067. All I'm asking for is that we recognize that C/C++ library and OS bindings don't belong in druntime as public modules, and we gradually work towards migrating them to phobos or some other library in the years to come.

Since C++ language bindings are a new addition, let's not exacerbate the problem by putting it in druntime as core.stdcpp, but set a new precedent by putting them in std.cpp (or core.stdcpp in phobos, or whatever else you have in mind).

Mike