On Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 08:33:57 UTC, ponce wrote:
Am I the only one to be left completely cold with the new wave of C++ to GPU libraries (Bolt/ArrayFire/OpenACC) which take back the control compute APIs give? For example this one removes double precision and multiple devices, something that is builtin with OpenCL.

The way I see it you have two groups looking for GPU support: those that do batch computations and those that do realtime. I think the latter group want "more direct access" to the hardware (like Metal).

I guess this solution is more for the in-between, like desktop apps that need a little boost here and there. People who are not really into coprocessors/hardware, but sometimes need a little extra.