On Monday, 22 December 2014 at 12:57:01 UTC, uri wrote:
On Monday, 22 December 2014 at 11:41:16 UTC, FrankLike wrote:
dco is a build tool,and very easy to use,it can build dfl64.lib ,dgui.lib or other your projects,it can auto copy dfl.lib to the dmd2\windows\lib or lib64. After you work on the dfl2,use the build.bat,you will feel it's very easy to use.

dco:
https://github.com/FrankLIKE/dco/
dfl2:
https://github.com/FrankLIKE/dfl2/

Frank

Thanks, I'm in the process of looking at CMake/SCons alternatives right at the moment and will have a look at dco.

I'm trying dub at the moment and it's working perfectly fine so far as a build tool. The alternatives, such as CMake and SCons, are proven technologies with D support that have also worked for me in the past.

Can I ask what the existing tools were missing and why did you felt it necessary to reinvented your own build tool?

Thanks,
uri
dco lets building project is easy, auto add itself to bin folder, may auto add d files,auto ignore some d files in ignoreFiles folder,auto -L libs in dco.ini ,and in next version ,you can set your offen used libs in dco.ini.