On 28/12/2014 7:45 a.m., Walter Bright wrote:
On 12/27/2014 7:36 AM, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
On Saturday, 27 December 2014 at 11:15:11 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 12/26/2014 10:25 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
http://www.wired.com/2014/12/wired-enterprise-year/

https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/2qioj8/dlang_story_makes_wireds_10_most_hardcore_tech/

Congratulations, Walter.  It's very satifying to see emerging mainstream
recognition of something so solid and whose advantages are based in real
advantages rather than marketing hype.

I am personally very glad you decided on 'retirement' that you were
not after
all the daytime TV kind of guy, and I wanted to thank you for
everything you
have contributed to D and its users.

I wish you a great start to the new year.

Thank you very much for the kind words!

I am not interested in retirement. I'll be writing code until my mind
gives out.

I do enjoy TV a bit much, building a home theater in the basement which
is rather nice! It's amazing that an excellent theater can be built for
under a grand outlay.

Now all you need is a rather decent computer with tv capture card and wala. Enjoy your full immersion programming environment! and media center.