"Walter Bright"  wrote in message news:maed4o$2da6$1...@digitalmars.com...

> So constructors and destructors are mangled 'a la D' instead of the C++ > way.

Please post this to bugzilla.

The problems with constructors go beyond mangling, so the current forced D mangling is intentional to prevent wrong-code bugs.

An approach that currently works is porting the code to D, being careful to exactly match the layout and functionality. When done right, this allows templated types to be constructed with any type in either language and passed back and forth without problems.

This is what I've done for dmd's Array<T> in ddmd.