On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 at 22:40:18 UTC, Kiith-Sa wrote:
DDocs.org (http://ddocs.org) is a repository of documentation
for DUB projects that automatically re-generates docs as new
projects/releases/branch changes are added.
The idea is to make documenting D projects as simple as
possible, to the point where you don't need to do any work to
get documentation for your project other than adding it to the
DUB registry. Also, users can now browse documentation for DUB
projects even if the author was too lazy to generate it
themselves (assuming thy did include some documentation
Note that this is still in a very early stage, it was put
together in a very quick-and-dirty style by a person with
little webdev experience. Currently it just scans
`code.dlang.org`, looking for changes (yes, I know, this will
break as soon as code.dlang.org changes, I plan to raise
issue/s (PRs?) to the dub registry project so it can have a
full/stable API, but I wanted to get something to work *right
Code is here:
* ddocs.org: https://github.com/kiith-sa/ddocs.org
* hmod-dub: https://github.com/kiith-sa/hmod-dub
* harbored-mod: https://github.com/kiith-sa/harbored-mod
When optimizing harbored-mod by testing it on big D projects
(gtk-d, tango, vibe.d, etc.), I wrote a simple tool to
fetch/generate docs for any DUB project; I got carried away and
used that as base for a tool that checks for changes in the DUB
registry and generates docs for all projects.
Awesome ! I've wanted to do it for quite some time, I think it's
really important we get that as a part of code.dlang.org (as well
as compatibility badges, but that's another story.
Regarding the macros: I recently completed the set of definitions
in libddoc (
), so if you're based on Harbored, you should have everything you
need. I'm currently working on a fully compliant macro parser in
libddoc. The macro WEB is not part of the standard definition,
it's part of dlang.org's definitions, which you can find on
Github (.ddoc files).
More precisely, it's defined in html.ddoc (
I guess it can make sense to had that file included by default,
but at the same time I'd like to avoid projects documentation to
rely on non-standard behavior.