On Thursday, 26 February 2015 at 18:35:00 UTC, Dan Olson wrote:
I think this all is in good enough shape that someone else should give
it a try.

https://github.com/smolt/ldc-iphone-dev

This is an LDC development sandbox for iPhone iOS.

It glues together various pieces needed to build an LDC cross compiler targeting iPhoneOS. It also includes a few samples to show how to get started. The compiler and libraries are in good enough shape to pass the druntime/phobos unittests with a few minor test failures (see project README.md). This means someone could, if so inclined, build their D
library and use it in an iOS App.

Currently based on LDC 0.15.1 (DMD v2.066.1) and LLVM 3.5.1.

There are no prebuild binaries, so you have to do it yourself. Nobody has reported yet on trying to build beside me, so there may be potholes.

Enjoy,
Dan

Thank you very much! Although I cannot test it right now (working mainly on Linux), I will soon give it a go, because we've been asked several times whether one of our apps will be available on the iPhone/iPad one day.

This is very important work and, again, I thank you for your efforts.
  • LDC for iOS Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: LDC for iOS Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: LDC for iOS Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce