On 3/26/2015 8:53 PM, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
It's also the view of Feynman, not to mention many great minds of the past.  Ie
it is limiting to insist on data before forming a strong opinion about something
(which is not to say that one may not change one's mind in the face of contrary
data).

Feynman's books are all worth reading, even if you have no interest in physics. His attitude about things is just a marvel.

I once had a roundtable discussion with the question "if you could resurrect any historical figure, who would it be?" I nominated Feynman, and that pretty much ended the discussion :-) nobody could think of anyone more appropriate.

So yeah, I definitely take inspiration from him.