On Thursday, 26 March 2015 at 08:53:31 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

There is a difference between claiming that language A makes this and that difficult and claiming that language B is better than A.

We have different interpretations of the article. My reading was "I hate these properties of Go."

If you aren't making a research language (and D most certainly would fail in that arena) the only thing that matters is how it fares in a production setting by programmers who do full time programming in the language.

You're making a big assumption about which programmers and projects count and which don't. I wonder if outside of Google if there are even 100 programmers working full time exclusively with Go. I don't work full time with D, but I work with it a lot, and I don't see why my experience shouldn't count.