On Friday, 27 March 2015 at 20:20:07 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
On 03/26/2015 09:47 PM, Walter Bright wrote:

It seems to me that every significant but one feature of Go has a pretty
much direct analog in D

I'm no Go expert, but AIUI, Go seems to be one of those languages that considers *lacking* certain features to *be* a feature. Ie the whole "minimalism" approach to language design. For people who value that (not for me personally though), it's a feature D doesn't offer and deliberately doesn't try to.

there's a difference between minimalism and blatantly not adopting core advances in language design over the past 40 years.