"Kai Nacke"  wrote in message news:kxcbizohnxdtimjwl...@forum.dlang.org...

But: I am not going to extend the DMD backend! This has 2 consequences. First, we need to decide how to integrate the code. (Do we want to clutter the code with #if WANT_CENT as I currently do? Should we wait for DDMD?) Second, someone needs to work on the DMD backend if DMD should support cent/ucent, too.

I'm happy to do the DMD backend, at least on x86_64. I don't want WANT_CENT anywhere in there, it would be better to enable it through a runtime flag in Target in a similar way to the simd types.