On Saturday, 18 April 2015 at 16:26:41 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Join us for one week starting Saturday April 25th for the first D Hackathon!

The D Hackathon is one week of intense participation and collaboration on anything and everything related to the D programming language.

All participants are encouraged to collaborate on the online forums (http://forum.dlang.org/group/digitalmars.D), github repos (https://github.com/D-Programming-Language), IRC (#d on irc.freenode.net, use your favorite IRC client or https://webchat.freenode.net).

Please prepend forum posts related to hackathon with "[hackathon]". (There should be little else!)

Complete n00bs are encouraged to participate (tell your friends!) and part of the purpose of the D Hackathon is to lower the barrier to entry for would-be collaborators by means of better documentation and tooling.

Let's focus on creating a better, more inviting out-of-the-box experience for everyone, and above all a better D language. We'll officially measure hackathon results by the number of preexisting bugs fixed, but do feel free to work on anything you think is important to you. There is no other rule than getting good work done.

See you in one week!

Andrei

This sounds awesome!

I'm going to give the website and phobos documentation a pass making corrections and adding examples, beefing up, etc. So i'll trawl bugzilla looking for low hanging fruit/easy stuff to get my feet wet.

I've run into a few problems[1] with building the website and documentation. DMD, druntime and phobos all build easily but dlang.org sources are a pain. I wonder if anyone has built the website recently from scratch to make sure it all works?

Also the tools repository needs work to build too. This is because of the `if(arr)` warnings. I think there are pull requests waiting[2] but until they are merged a few of the tools are broken which breaks the whole build. Dustmite also needs to be amended upstream[3].

[1]: http://forum.dlang.org/thread/wwktjyurctmdffmfe...@forum.dlang.org [2]: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/pull/166/files
[3]: https://github.com/CyberShadow/DustMite