On 5/1/15 8:30 AM, Mike wrote:
A simple demonstration using D to bare-metal program and ARM Cortex-M
microcontroller. Full description with pictures and even a video can be
I know, random rectangles on a screen is not all that remarkable, but
there's quite a bit of work that needs to be done before one can write
their first pixel.
* Minimal D runtime
* Memory-mapped IO features
* Clock and flash memory configuration
* Software initialization (data and bss segments)
* SPI driver to configure the external LCD controller
* Internal parallel LCD controller configuration
* Hardware random number generator
EVERYTHING is in D. I've had this project on the back burner for a
while, and the Hackathon gave me the excuse I needed to get it done. I
didn't put a lot of effort into the code because I just wanted to get
something working to prove some ideas I had, and show that D has some
potential in this domain.
I hope you find it interesting. Ask me anything.