Am 04.06.2015 um 17:43 schrieb Vladimir Panteleev:
On Thursday, 4 June 2015 at 15:35:58 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
On 06/04/2015 11:14 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

I thought of migrating to Vibe eventually, but it would be
non-trivial.
Some things the forum does are also difficult to express using
the fiber
asynchronicity model.

Such as what? (Out of curiosity)

One problem I ran into is with the NNTP client, which uses a pipeline
queue of at most 64 commands. This means that it sends 64 commands to
the server in one go, and as soon as it receives the reply to the first,
it sends a 65th command.

I don't know how things are now, but when I tried to move to Vibe.d
(which was several years ago), you had to do some strange acrobatics in
order to read the same connection in one fiber but write to it from
another. In ae.net, reads are handled by callbacks, and all writes are
delayed (data is queued and sent when the socket loop says the socket is
writable), which means there is no contention and you can "write" to any
socket from anywhere in the program (as long as it's in the same thread).

This has been solved in the meantime. Reads and writes can now occur concurrently in different fibers.
  • forum.dlang.org, version 2 ... Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: forum.dlang.org, v... ponce via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: forum.dlang.or... wobbles via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: forum.dlan... Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: forum.... Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: f... Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Charles via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: f... Suliman via Digitalmars-d-announce