On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 02:11:17 UTC, IgorStepanov wrote:
On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 02:03:48 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 02:02:11 UTC, IgorStepanov wrote:
Sorry if this question has been raised but is the reason for the inability to edit posts?

Posts are not editable because once sent, they are relayed to the NNTP server, mailing lists, and users' email inboxes.

Will be this feature implemented sometime?

Only when it becomes possible to edit a sent email.

Ok, why we use email/NNTP server instead of simple database/file storage? Do we use some free mail server, or we must support some old infrastructure?

Yes, this forum was created explicitly to replace Web-News, an NNTP newsreader. Initially all communication was done via NNTP (Web-News or a desktop NNTP client) and mailing lists. The last time I checked, only 50% of posters used forum.dlang.org, others used NNTP or mailing lists.

If it weren't for this requirement, we might have used an off-the-shelf web forum, such as phpBB.