On 6/4/2015 8:04 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
Many major and minor improvements.
Some major ones:
- dlang.org theme, fully responsive and mobile-friendly
- keyboard navigation in all views
- automatically saved post drafts
- get notified of new posts and replies with subscriptions
- full text search
- by persistent request, a new view mode (vertical-split)
- post to mailing lists
- even faster, believe it or not.
This update is the sum of 256 commits over 34 days of development.
Pretty dazz! I also like the new stats display at the top. Just for fun eye
candy, you could juice that up and show a graph of the stats for the past month
Consider the display:
and compare with:
Vladde Nordholm (12/12) May 30 So hey everyone! I am very hap...
◦ Marcin Szymczak (3/3) May 30 That is great news! Congratula...
◦ extrawurst (3/16) May 30 here is the link i suppose: ...
◾ Dennis Ritchie (3/21) May 30 The game starts normally but w...
◾ Vladimir Panteleev (3/8) May 30 I saw the same problem (access...
◦ Andrei Alexandrescu (2/14) May 30 Congratulations! -- Andrei...
◦ Vladde Nordholm (8/8) May 31 Quick note to Dennis and Vladi...
After each post, the first non-quoted line of text from the post is inserted.
(The n/m means n = non-quoted lines and m = total lines.) This gives a nice clue
which one would be most interesting to click on. Slashdot does this:
Slashdot does it even better by expanding/contracting the clicked on post inline
rather than opening a new page, and having to go back and forth between pages. I
think this significantly better.